Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hagis

I've never tasted or seen hagis (Syzygium tripinnatum (B) Merr) in any other part of the planet than here in Sorsogon (well, I've only been to Hongkong and most parts of the Philippines fyi=)). And so I guess this fruit deserves a space in my blog.


Hagis is a personal favorite ever since I was a kid. I think May is a Hagis Season so it was a pleasant surprise when I saw this heap of red delights as early as first week of April for only Php10.00!


This fruit is really sour but I enjoy this best when mixed with salt and sugar. I used to finish this all up in just one-sitting...but not anymore. My addiction for everything sour has taken toll on my teeth and can't take the "pangingilo" anymore. Yikes, just looking at it makes me salivate and crave for it...c",)

4 comments:

R. said...

Hagis reminds me of Makopa
Bloghopping. Happy Wednesday!

--
www.ruuussso.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

lol..true enough..naglaway ako sa "HAGIS" na ini..got a lot of memories po sa HAGIS..ahaha..thanks for posting this one!

GingGoy said...

sure looks like macopato me... where in sorsogon? only been to donsol and gubat vicinity

Keng said...

hagis is readily available in markets all over sorsogon!