Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sorsogon Capitol Park



being a bakasyonista myself for almost 25 summers before i married my super cute husband who is a local here, i have always enjoyed my "tambay" moments here in sorsogon's capitol park which is nicely situated at the heart of the city. if i weren't on the beach, pier or gulping on some yummy halo-halo downtown, i was in this park with my cousins chatting, playing ball games, badminton, biking around and eating what else...isaw and barbecue.

little did i know that this park would continue to be part of my life as it evolved into a place wherein i could hang out with my loved ones and talk about anything and everything under the sun - from how bad politics everywhere is or how cute the leading man for the newest koreanovela is to our business plans to how we see ourselves 10, 20, 30 years from now...all these while eating what else but isaw and barbecue (again!). i also used to jog here in the mornings with my cousin when the sunshine in the pier had become too hot for me. the trees here provided ample shades where i enjoyed half an hour of exercise and brisk walking. very minimal pollution is a big plus too.

it was here that my little girl learned her first steps and made new friends. now that she's 2 years old, i still bring her here with her bicycle and her ball and play games with her. in fact, we were here yesterday in spite of the bad hearsay that there is a syndicate that reached bicol region kidnapping children and making money from selling their internal organs!!! (that was really stupid) but i never worried because there were around 5 uniformed policemen roaming the vicinity of the park....so we played a little and bought guess what....isaw and barbecue to take to the motocross racetrack where my hubby and his buddies were practicing for an upcoming motocross competition.


it will always be my one of my favorite places here i guess. maybe because it really is a nice place, accessible, very laid back atmosphere, the old roman doric structure of the capitol building enchanting, the cleanliness, the smell of freshly trimmed carabao grass, the laughter of playing children and policemen watching out for your safety.

looking forward to more afternoon bonding with my kiddo here.

hope to see you here soon too.

No comments: